Thursday, December 3, 2009

Secrets and Lies By Rhonda McKnight


Ok, I tend to read a lot of books…and I also love to write. So I thought it would be good to do a couple of blogs about books I have read.I just completed reading a book by Rhonda Knight entitled Secrets and Lies, its has 376 pages and I completed that book in 2 days (pretty good), its strange though how I find it very easy and relaxing to read novels that don't pertain to school…it takes me like months to read an article for school which has less than 3 pages (pray for me saints)But anyway back to this masterpiece, it was well written and captivating.

The book is based on marriage and how secrets and lies can destroy relationships.The characters Jonah and Faith represent many couples who are facing marital issues and are struggling to fight things out and stay together. I applaud the writer in her choice for the characters names, indeed both couples struggled with the aspect of faith, which I believe is a core ingredient to any successful relationship. We all need a little faith in our lives, faith brings hope and without hope we might as well be dead, hope produces perseverance.We need to have faith in one another no matter how hard situations get.Faith ( the character) went through a whole lot of drama with her troubled husband, I think she truly portrayed what a true woman and wife should be. Many women today want to get married and  they are not prepared for marriage. Marriage is not only about security and companionship…its about ministry.Two souls become one  and walking as one…and if we want to walk as one they must agree, and that's where the problem lies in many relationships.

Also,the author made her characters realistic and relevant, faith had issues like many of us. We all have issues and it is for us to acknowledge them and work on it and when we do that we can expect to see changes in our lives. Now, Jonah is a head strong man who made me a bit angry throughout the novel, he hid a secret from his wife for 10 years!!!!! , I don't know If I could forgive a man for that. That's to show that we need to KNOW the people with whom we form relationships with.Get to know people and their back ground before you marry them , many women tend to just judge men by there fancy cars, big houses and jobs and not search their souls. This book opened my eyes to many things.

The book overall was pretty good, the ending was good. It helped to dissipate some of my anger towards Jonah. I recommend you to  buy this novel, it was worth the money or burrow it at your local library. Just make sure you read it. Later folks.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Geek of Theology,

    I was pleasantly surprised to find your review of my novel today. You used the word masterpiece and I was sincerly humbled. I think I almost cried. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that you got the core messages that I believe God intended me to deliver about faith and relationships.

    You be blessed, and if you're on facebook do join my circle. I'd love to have. Stay the course with school. Worth it in the end.

    Blessings,

    Rhonda McKnight
    http://wwww.facebook.com/rhondamcknight
    An Inconvenient Friend, coming Aug 1, 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Rhonda.

    Kim Hutchinson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and inspiring. The book seems really interesting i am not a fan of books but i think i will get this one. Keep up the good work and keep writing. God Bless u!!!

    ReplyDelete