Friday, March 27, 2009

"relationship hoppers"


“Its not good for man to be alone…”

This is probably the only scripture most young adults hold in high regards, boi no one seems to be single these days, everyone got someone on their arm, every ones profile has committed or married ( when they really aren’t) it’s a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Some may quickly jump to the conclusion that I’m jealous or feeling a bit lonely because no one seems to be coming my way buts that’s not it at all. I’m just a bit amazed at the rate people move from one relationship to a next.Its just really crazy (well to me ), today someone will be all in love with their girl /man and then the next week or months they break up…that’s not even what bothers me most but it’s the fact that just as they step out of one relationship, they believe its time to find a replacement. That’s really crazy and dumb…How can one move on to another person without giving themselves adequate time to heal and get themselves together. They just hop from one girl/guy to the next…no time out seems to be needed. I’m really bothered by this because most of these men and women are not aware of the great damage they are doing to themselves and others.

Most of these ‘relationship hoppers’ are very insecure and confused, sorry if you're offended but that’s the only reasonable explanation I can come up with. Its like a major crime being committed if one is classified as being single, being single is like the worst thing that could ever happen to a person. To be honest I use to feel that way, I use to believe that I have to be with someone to feel good or just to have this person call me all those sweet names and give me gifts and all the other junk…but then I realize there is nothing wrong with being single, actually its best to be single. Its not necessarily easy but it’s the wisest thing to do in this era.Neither am I saying being committed is a crime that’s all good and gravy but I believe a line must be drawn. Back to being single, yes folks its not BAD to be both single and celibate, I do agree that the ‘world’ would consider those people to be crazy or weird but its best. I believe if many of us actually waited patiently on the right person instead of grabbing onto the first homo sapien that claims they love us we would all be in better positions.

Lets just slow down and work on ourselves, ,many of us are not even sure what love is and yes I Do know what true love is. I will blog on that next time. Many of us are so insecure that we Just have to have a guy/girl on our arm…but that’s just really sad. Many of us really need to take a break from the dating world and work on ourselves, work on loving yourself…! Being single is a time to prepare yourself for that mate that God has for you..but many of us don’t like the waiting process we like our stuff instant…but that will only lead to destruction. I’m waiting and preparing myself, I'm working on my insecurities and my bad attitudes. I cant afford to be labeled a ‘relationship hopper’, I’m too GOOD for that. So, I'm just going to trust God and wait patiently until its my turn.Its not easy but it’s the best way, Ive seen people do all kind of crazy stuff just because they got dumped by some loser…but I guess love is blind or many they are just straight up dumb.

Anyway enough of this,I’m going to go check who has just changed their status to single today :)!

Nuff Love

Geek of theology.

No comments:

Post a Comment