Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I LOVE GOD...BUT

I love God but sometimes I mess up really bad. I find myself doing the same things over and over again, things that I know makes His heart break, things that I even know that can kill me and destroy our relationship. Yea its bad like that. I love God, so much He has done so much for me, I just cant seem to give Him the love that He requires. I try to put aside the things that would beset me and try to press forward and Love God totally in purity…but Then comes along sin and then flesh beckons and encourages sin and there I go falling to the temptation. I try to fight this demon but I find myself losing more battles than winning. I hate to grieve my God, but God I do need your help. I need you to give me something to kill this ‘flesh’.I bear this sin and I don’t want it to destroy me moreover I don’t want you to take your spirit away from me..But please renew me.

I just remembered David, he messed up a lot during his reign. But He was still a man of your own heart.You knew exactly who David was, even before He became King, you knew his weakness for Bathsheba , you knew of the evil that was in his heart….but still you chose him. Just like many of us,God you know we have weaknesses but still you chose us for your purpose. What love you have for us? Even in our mess you still show us favor…we are so worthless. I’m not trying to justify my sins by saying "oh God still loves me anyway!" Yea that’s true…but just remember when David fell into sin, he admitted his sin accepted the consequences, repented and pleaded for salvation. He had a heart for God, he begged God not to take His holy spirit away from him, but just to renew him.Well, I too need that renewal, I'm begging God not to take his spirit away from me but to draw me closer to His side.

Nuff Love,
Geek of Theology

No comments:

Post a Comment