Sunday, April 26, 2009

behind this face...there I am!

Who am I?! I was once baffled by this very question myself...what is the foundation of my identity? Who am I really?. Through prep school and high school, I was misunderstood. I was called so many things by the ignorant kids who they themselves were twisted and lost. But, I stood my grounds and hid within my shell, refusing to be defined by a group of people who followed and emulated the actions of their peers, talking about the blind following the blind! I hid myself from people, I drew into myself, I was never talkative, but a keen observer, I was never popular but within myself I knew I possessed the qualities to one day be a great leader...but at the tender age of ten I couldn't seem to understand why people treated me differently. They say I was an antisocial person but its a pity these kids didn't know that while I was locked away in my mind, God was perfecting me to be more than what they saw on the outside. I was very skinny (still am!!), I didn't have long hair, not the coolest or most outgoing...but inside of me I was somebody greater than what people could see.

I knew God existed from a tender age, I loved Him a long time ago...He was perfecting me, humbling me during those periods of rejection and cruelty I faced by my peers.I stood alone, I was different!I have fought many battles, lost many friends but in it all God was making me into who I am today.High school was no different for me, there were trials and there were heart breaks..but that was all God's doing to make me into His vessel of honour.

Behind this face, is a woman with many dreams, I have achieved a lot since prep school and high school. Some people would never believe it.I am victorious! I'm a new being, God has given me so many talents and has planted so many dreams in me that there are times I'm overwhelmed by it all. I'm so thankful to God for separating me from the world and putting me on a path of truth and destiny. I have a divine purpose, a calling to do greater things than I can imagine, the face you see today will have a different meaning tomorrow, because God is just getting ready to realise a new Esther , a new David, a mighty prophet Jeremiah...just know that God is going to do something big!! I'm only a face and a body, but whats inside of me is greater than anything else and that's all that matters...God is Good!

So who am I today?...I'm an apologist, an evangelist, a musician, a sister, a writer, a lover, a friend, a mentor...but most importantly, a servant of the most High God.

Nuff Love
Geek of theology.

No comments:

Post a Comment